Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to love Tuna Helper's Pasta Salad and was so disappointed when they discontinued it. Over the years I've kicked around different ideas. This is what I think is a fairly close approximation to it.
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 lb cooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (5/8 ounce) packet Italian salad dressing mix
- In a large bowl combine Miracle Whip dressing and packet of Italian dressing mix. If mixture is too thick, thin with some milk until desired consistency.
- Add minced onion, tuna, and peas. Mix well.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Toss to coat pasta and chill in the refrigerator.
I too used to like Tuna Helper's Pasta Salad so when I found this recipe I was excited to try it. Oh Wow!!! I was astonished to see how actually close it was. I don't like Miracle Whip so I just used mayo. I tried the Zesty Italian dressing packet but I think that is a little too salty for my taste. I left out the peas as I did with the original mix but added roasted red peppers. Very good!! Thanks a bunch for the recipe!!