Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A yummy creation for the panini lovers.
Make and share this Italian Tuna Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- 29.58 ml light mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml plain yogurt or 29.58 ml sour cream
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 marinated artichokes, hearts chopped
- salt and pepper
- 4 Italian rolls (soft panini buns)
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- In bowl, mix together tuna, red pepper, celery, green onions,artichokes pepper,mayonnaise, plain yogurt salt and pepper.
- Cut buns in half horizontally; spread tuna mixture evenly over bottom half of each. Sprinkle each evenly with cheese. Replace bun top.
- In nonstick skillet or grill pan or on grill, cook sandwiches over medium heat, pressing often to flatten and turning once, for about 5 minutes or until crusty and cheese is melted. Makes 4 servings.
Very good. I roasted my own red peppers which is so easy to do and sour cream instead of the yogurt. Next time I will add even more veggies as I love them so much. Thanks for posting!
The additions to this tuna filling raise canned tuna to a gourmet level. I used a thick-sliced whole-grain sourdough bread, but everything else the same. The leftovers were good too, as a cold sandwich the next day.
Yum! this surprised me, but the flavors went together so well. Artichokes in tuna? So good. This is why I love ZWT. Thanks for sharing!