Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recommended to make the tuna mixture ahead of time so the flavors can mingle.
Make and share this Italian Tuna, Oven-Roasted Tomato, and Arugula Panini recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces canned italian tuna in vegetable oil
- 6 caperberries, stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons black olive pesto sauce (Black Olive Pesto)
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup oven roasted tomato (Oven-Roasted Tomatoes)
- 2 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, caperberries, lemon juice, red chile flakes, and black olive pesto; use a fork to flake the tuna and thoroughly mix the ingredients; chill until ready to use.
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta bread; the rolls should now be about 1 inch thick; split rolls horizontally.
- Spread a thin layer or the tuna mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls.
- Follow with the oven-roasted tomatoes, about 3 slices per sandwich.
- Sprinkle a fistful of chopped arugula over each panino; drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill each sandwich for about 3 minutes until the bread is a light golden brown and the filling is warm.