Recommended to make the tuna mixture ahead of time so the flavors can mingle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces canned italian tuna in vegetable oil
- 6 caperberries, stem removed, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons black olive pesto sauce (Black Olive Pesto)
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 cup oven roasted tomato (Oven-Roasted Tomatoes)
- 2 cups baby arugula, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a bowl, combine the tuna, caperberries, lemon juice, red chile flakes, and black olive pesto; use a fork to flake the tuna and thoroughly mix the ingredients; chill until ready to use.
- 2Preheat a panini grill.
- 3Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta bread; the rolls should now be about 1 inch thick; split rolls horizontally.
- 4Spread a thin layer or the tuna mixture over the bottom halves of the rolls.
- 5Follow with the oven-roasted tomatoes, about 3 slices per sandwich.
- 6Sprinkle a fistful of chopped arugula over each panino; drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 7Grill each sandwich for about 3 minutes until the bread is a light golden brown and the filling is warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tuna, Oven-Roasted Tomato, and Arugula Panini
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 207.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: