Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
i am not sure where i got this. i think it was racheal rays magazine.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cups arugula or 2 cups Baby Spinach
- fresh pepper
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1 large tomatoes (8 slices)
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- turn the broiler to high.
- mash garlic and salt into a paste.
- in a medium bowl combine paste with lemon juice, zest and thyme.
- whisk in olive oil.
- add tuna and flake with a fork.
- add artichoke, onion, celery, and arugula toss.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- toast muffins in broiler remove when golden.
- stack tomato then tuna mixture then provolone.
- return to broiler to melt cheese.
Good stuff! Dresses up boring canned tuna and sneaks in a lot of veggies. Loved the artichokes & spinach. The thyme makes it taste fresh (we only used 1 tablespoon and it was plenty).