A family favorite. It makes a very large quantity. Fresh basil is needed- dried basil is not good in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef stock or 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans canned beef broth
- 7 cups water
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (9 ounce) box refrigerated tortellini
- 1 (9 ounce) box refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1/2 lb cabbage, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large stock pot, combine the stock, water, sausage,the vegetables and the chopped fresh basil.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 3Add the tortellini, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes or so, until the tortellini are done-check the package for the recommended cooking time.
- 4Top each serving with grated Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 143.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 742.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: