Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple and satisfying soup. An easy, meatless weeknight meal or a perfect light lunch with salad. It comes together in under a half hour with ingredients that are probably already in your pantry.
- 3 cups chicken stock (can sub vegetable stock)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canitalian style diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- salt and pepper
- olive oil, for finishing
- Combine first six ingredients in a medium soup pot over medium/high heat.
- Bring to a boil and cook tortellini the time listed on the package.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and add spinach.
- Cook an additional 2 minutes or until spinach is tender.
- If desired drizzle each serving with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil.