Recipe by ChefRaylene
I can't remember where I got this recipe but it is irresistible. My dh loves this. It is meaty and stick to your ribs delicious. Enjoy!
- 453.59 g Italian sausage
- 236.59 ml onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1182.95 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml water
- 118.29 ml dry red wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, thin sliced
- 2.46 ml basil
- 0.59 ml oregano
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 354.88 ml zucchini, sliced
- 226.79 g frozen meat-filled tortellini or 226.79 g frozen cheese tortellini
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove sausage casing. In dutch over brown sausage.
- Remove sausage; reserve 1 tbsp drippings.
- Saute onions and garlic in drippings until onions are tender.
- Add broth and next 7 ingredients, and add sausage.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- Skim fat from soup and stir in zucchini and remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese. Simmer covered an additional 35-40 minutes until tortellini is tender.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- If you prefer to use fresh tortellini, simmer 20-35 minutes until tender.