1 hr 15 mins
I can't remember where I got this recipe but it is irresistible. My dh loves this. It is meaty and stick to your ribs delicious. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, thin sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces frozen meat-filled tortellini or 8 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- parmesan cheese
- 1Remove sausage casing. In dutch over brown sausage.
- 2Remove sausage; reserve 1 tbsp drippings.
- 3Saute onions and garlic in drippings until onions are tender.
- 4Add broth and next 7 ingredients, and add sausage.
- 5Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30 minutes.
- 6Skim fat from soup and stir in zucchini and remaining ingredients, except parmesan cheese. Simmer covered an additional 35-40 minutes until tortellini is tender.
- 7Serve topped with parmesan cheese.
- 8If you prefer to use fresh tortellini, simmer 20-35 minutes until tender.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.2
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1411.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: