Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This always makes a great side dish that is VERY EASY to make. If you have any questions e-mail me: AlanLeonetti@q.cm
- 4-6 large fresh tomatoes (each cut into 8 wedges)
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml vinegar (any type)
- 1 bunch scallion (finely chopped)
- 9.85 ml granulated garlic powder
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 29.58 ml dried tarragon
- salt & pepper
- Slice each tomato into 8 wedges and place into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well to evenly distribute.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Serve as a side dish in small individual serving bowls.
I used balsamic vinegar with this and it was fabulous. Even better the next day after marinading. I forgot they were on the plate and stuck them in the microwave with the rest of my dinner plate. They were even very good cooked. I will make these often this summer. Thanks Alan for a healthy and wonderful addition to my repertoire.
As already posted. They are tomatoes with herbs and as a plate filler they look good. Not the "wow" part of a dish but if you need something to fill a plate for your family during the week its a good option.
This is a real neat, simple and colourful side dish. I let it marinate most of the day. It was very tasty and is just a nice dish to add to any meal. A little tomato always looks good on a plate too. Thanks for posting this Alan.