Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The basil really makes this salad. Be sure to use good quality tomatoes. Enjoy!
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (preferably buffalo) or 1⁄2 lb bocconcini
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Wash the tomatoes well.
- Cut crosswise to make 1cm slices.
- Cut the fresh cheese to make 1/2cm slices.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large serving plate, arrange tomato slices and black olives.
- Top with sliced cheese and sprinkle dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Oh so good. A friend made this a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Great for a hot summer night. Fresh ingredients are a must.
Enjoyed this very much. I had to omit the olives, as I forgot I didn't have any on hand. I also decided to make this into a regular combined salad instead of arranging on the plate as outlined in the recipe. :)