Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The basil really makes this salad. Be sure to use good quality tomatoes. Enjoy!
Make and share this Italian Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the tomatoes well.
- Cut crosswise to make 1cm slices.
- Cut the fresh cheese to make 1/2cm slices.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large serving plate, arrange tomato slices and black olives.
- Top with sliced cheese and sprinkle dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with basil leaves.
Oh so good. A friend made this a couple weeks ago and I loved it. Great for a hot summer night. Fresh ingredients are a must.
Enjoyed this very much. I had to omit the olives, as I forgot I didn't have any on hand. I also decided to make this into a regular combined salad instead of arranging on the plate as outlined in the recipe. :)