- 4 large ripe tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (preferably buffalo) or 1⁄2 lb bocconcini
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup black olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the tomatoes well.
- Cut crosswise to make 1cm slices.
- Cut the fresh cheese to make 1/2cm slices.
- Wash the basil leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large serving plate, arrange tomato slices and black olives.
- Top with sliced cheese and sprinkle dressing over the salad.
- Garnish with basil leaves.