Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious!!
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small purple onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- Combine tomato and, if desired, onion in a large bowl.
- Combine basil and next 6 ingredients; add to tomato mixture, tossing to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Chill.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Note: 6 plum tomatoes may be substituted for 3 large tomatoes.
A quick and easy salad that has a beautiful presentation. Hubby absolutely loved it. I seeded the tomatoes, didn't add the onion and added a little less vinegar. Next time I will serve it right away as it lost its lovely color after being chilled. Thanks for a keeper Al!
Tried this recipe twice because I thought I did something wrong the first time. Second time it still didn't taste very good. Too bad. It seemed nice.
Pretty good but kind of slimy for my guests.