Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a tasty filling treat. I serve for lunch with a side salad or even for dinner. Takes quiche to a whole new level!
- 1 pie shell
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded & sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, sweet like Vidalia, sliced thin
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pie pan and insert pie crust.
- Layer 1/2 ingredients in the following order.
- Mozarella, onions, tomatoes.
- Add remaining After first layer, add basil oregano, thyme.
- Spread the mushrooms over sprices.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on top.
- Repeat mozarella, onions, and tomatoes.
- Press down lightly on the mixture to compress.
- Blend mustard, eggs and half & half in blender until mixed.
- Pour egg mixture over pie until near the edge -eggs will settle into crackes so pour in several places.
- Place pie pan on tray lined with foil to keep oven clean.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until eggs are set.