Recipe by twin1580
i love this recipe. it is fast and simple. I get great feedback every time I use it. You can add so many things to this soup to make it your own. I got it out of a cookbook my mom bought "Mr. Food Cookin' Quickies". I always have to have a yummy grilled cheese sandwich to go with this soup.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic-flavored vegetable oil (see tip below)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute corn and Italian seasoning in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 2 minutes.
- Add broth and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- The roasted garlic-flavored oil adds a robust flavor to the soup, but you can use a tablespoon of regular vegetable oil instead, along with a dash of garlic powder.