1/3 Photos of Italian Tomato Chicken Noodle Soup
This recipe has been in my family for years. My dad's mom made it for him, and my dad made it for me. It is a great recipe to make when you are sick because it requires little effort. When I have more time and really want to dress this recipe up, I'll use roasted chicken instead of the canned chicken. I never measure anything, I just eye-ball everything! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (26 ounce) can tomato soup, family-size
- 1 (5 ounce) can premium chunk chicken
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube, depending on taste preference
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces, uncooked
- 1Saute onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic in butter over medium heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven until soft.
- 2Add rosemary, marjoram, thyme, pepper and chicken. Saute 3-5 minutes until flavors marry, stirring occasionally.
- 3Add tomato soup, chicken boullion, and water. Bring to boil.
- 4Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. (The longer it simmers the better, sometimes I'll let it go all day!).
- 5You can either add the uncooked noodles 30 minutes or so before serving or I just boil them in another pot and disperse into individual bowls! I often make this soup with rice instead of noodles, too.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tomato Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.6
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.3 mg
- Sodium 1432.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g