1/2 Photos of Italian Tomato Bread Casserole
Another wonderful recipe from French's emailed newsletter. Instead of the frozen garlic bread 1 fresh loaf of prepared garlic bread can be substituted. Slice into cubes for approximately 10 cups of cubed bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a greased, shallow 3 quart baking dish add the cubed garlic bread. Top the bread with tomatoes and 2/3 cup french fried onions.
- 3In a large bowl add the eggs and milk, beat well. Stir in one cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and the seasoning.
- 4Pour mixture over bread cubes and stir gently to coat well.
- 5Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until custard is just set.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and onions.
- 7Bake an additional five minutes or until cheese melts and onions are golden brown.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tomato Bread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.8
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 224.8 mg
- Sodium 390.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
French's French fried onions