Recipe by lauralie41
Another wonderful recipe from French's emailed newsletter. Instead of the frozen garlic bread 1 fresh loaf of prepared garlic bread can be substituted. Slice into cubes for approximately 10 cups of cubed bread.
Top Review by WiGal
Love the ingredients! Tasty and super easy. I used Texas Toast and still added the italian seasonings. I did not have the canned onions so omitted. Served with kale. Thank you for sharing, Laurie.
- 11 1⁄4 ounces frozen garlic bread, slices thawed and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes, ripe, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups French's French fried onions
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased, shallow 3 quart baking dish add the cubed garlic bread. Top the bread with tomatoes and 2/3 cup french fried onions.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and milk, beat well. Stir in one cup of mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and the seasoning.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes and stir gently to coat well.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until custard is just set.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and onions.
- Bake an additional five minutes or until cheese melts and onions are golden brown.