Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This favorite "pupu" (Hawaiian appetizer) is from the Hawaiian Electric Company's cookbook called A Taste To Remember. It is always a "hit" at potlucks and parties. Many folks use the bread for dipping, but I have seen just as many people fill a bowl and eat it with a spoon! It makes enough for an army (or NAVY!).
- Bring the diced tomatoes and fresh tomatoes to a boil then remove from heat.
- Mix remaining ingredients into cooked tomatoes then chill.
- Slice bread lengthwise and then into serving size pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place in foil, loosely open at the top with crust side up
- bake in oven at 300 degrees until out crust is crisp.
- Serve crispy bread with the dip!