Recipe by Whisper
Chunks of tomatoes and lots of Italian spices make this a real winner! From Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
Top Review by Kree
This was a very nice change from the ordinary mayo-packed pasta salad. The tomatoes and spices gave it a nice flavor. The only change I made was to use soy parmesan cheese. It did seem like it was lacking something, though, so next time I try it I think I'll add more soy parm and spices, and possibly use balsamic vinegar instead of red wine. But there will be a next time!
- 4 cups cooked macaroni, any shape
- 2 (1 lb) cans tomatoes, drained, chopped into 1-inch chunks (reserve liquid)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper