Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a DELICIOUS spread that is great for vegetarians, those trying to incorporate more soy in to their diet or those who just want a healthy snack! This is a very healthy alternative to mayo on sandwiches, cream cheese on bagels, etc. This is fabulous as a pizza or pasta sauce too! I also love putting it on crackers as a healthier and tastier alternative to cheese! Enjoy!
- 1 lb firm tofu
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons graded parmesan cheese (Optional for a vegan dish)
- roasted garlic and red pepper spice mix (Add to taste, I use about 1 Tbsp)
- Drain the can of tomatoes and blend them in a food processor/blender until smooth.
- Drain the tofu and blend with the tomatoes.
- Add tomato paste and cheese, blend.
- Add seasoning blend 1 tsp at a time to desired taste!