Recipe by everything zen
Toasted cheese sandwiches made with herb butter offer gourmet flair to the time-honored basic. Herb butter is delicious on steamed vegetables or use it to dress up baked potatoes.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and I found a gem! This is a rich sandwich but once in a while quite worth it! Company enjoyed these and I served the sandwiches with just tomato soup and vegetables and dip. Thank you for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 8 slices havarti cheese
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, well drained, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the butter in a small bowl with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly spread one side of each bread slice with the herb butter.
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with 2 slices of cheese and bell pepper strips. Top each with a second slice of bread, buttered side down. Lightly brush the bread with olive oil.
- Place the sandwiches on a stovetop gril/pan or in a skillet over medium-high heat. Or use a panini grill. Grill both sides of the sandwiches until the bread is lightly browned and crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Slice the sandwiches in half and serve warm.