Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 10 slices light whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 115 g pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 slices salami, each cut into 2
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 50 g cheese
- Sauce: Beat eggs. Mix well with pizza sauce, milk and water and season with 3/4 tsp iodized fine salt (or 3/4 tbsp iodized rock salt). Set aside.
- Combine salami, bell pepper and cheese to make filling. Divide filling into 5. Top 5 slices of bread with salami, bell pepper and cheese. Cover each piece with another slice of bread. Dip in sauce. Drain excess sauce.
- Grill in pan with butter, flip when brown on one side to brown the other side.