Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Unique chili that blends the flavors of taco and Italian in a spicy chili blend using lots of veggies!
- 3⁄4 lb Italian turkey sausage, ground
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup corn (fresh or unthawed frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook Taco Meat according to directions. You may not need all of the taco seasoning.
- While meat cooks, add onions to a separate large saucepan and cook until translucent, add carrots, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- Add cumin, oregano, fennel seeds and cayenne, combine.
- Add Taco Meat and remaining ingredients, combine.
- Simmer 20 minutes.