Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Unique chili that blends the flavors of taco and Italian in a spicy chili blend using lots of veggies!
- 3⁄4 lb Italian turkey sausage, ground
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup corn (fresh or unthawed frozen)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook Taco Meat according to directions. You may not need all of the taco seasoning.
- While meat cooks, add onions to a separate large saucepan and cook until translucent, add carrots, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno and continue to cook until veggies are tender.
- Add cumin, oregano, fennel seeds and cayenne, combine.
- Add Taco Meat and remaining ingredients, combine.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
A nice dish that was easily prepared and tasted good. I skipped the fennel (not fans!),and grated the carrot rather than sliced but otherwise made as directed. A good mid week supper,that we enjoyed served with brown rice.
My family really enjoyed this! I used minced garlic forgot the lemon juice and skipped on the fennel and wine. Was spicy enough for my DH but not so much to burn DD's tongue off. We served it with cresent rolls.
Made for Newest Zaar Tag 2008 (June). This was okay, but we felt it was missing something, but couldn't put our finger on it. This was, however, a nice one pot meal which is what I usually look for.