Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish may be served hot as a veggies side dish or cold on a buffet table. I like to use Boiler onions they are apprx1 1/2" across and incrase the cooking time but not by much - try to leave the onions with a bit of crunch
- 1 lb white pearl onion, peeled & blached in boiling water 3 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (I use lite)
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 3 ounces walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (optional)
- Heat the oil in a fry pan large enough to accomodate the onions in one layer.
- When the oil is hot saute the onions until they are lightly browned, shake the pan (8 minutes).
- Remove onions from the pan and add the vinegar& sugar, stir and cook for apprx 5 minutes.
- Return the onions to the pan, stir to coat and finish cooking for 2 minute add walnuts& raisins (if using) Serve hot or cold.