Recipe by abraham r.
This is a sweet Italian dressing based sauce! this recipe is good over meat dishes! you can probibly find five-spice powder in the aisian section of your supermarket,the egg beaters in the dairy section.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
Five spice powder is a Chinese spice and seems odd in an Italian recipe. With only 4 tablespoons of sugar in 7+ cups of liquid (not 5) I am concerned as to how sweet it can be. While this recipe looks interesting, I am concerned about the other ingredients such as the Dijon mustard. I will check back and see if you actually make this, since you stated in the forums that you created this in your head. I hope the quantities are adjusted to what looks more like a workable recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups Italian dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup paprika
- 1 cup five-spice powder
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the water,dressing & musturd to a simmer.
- Add salt and bay leaves.
- Stir in sugar gradually with the spices.
- Temper the egg beaters and cream with the simmering liquid in the cooking vessel.
- Remove the bay leaves and then add the Egg Beaters and the cream to make the sauce richer and more creamy.
- Reduce to 1/2 and pour over whatever you want to serve this with!