Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Considered for Festa Italian, 2013. Oops had to pull out but serious consideration for 2014. Part of the Sweet Potato Project introduced into Madison this year. Adapted from Boxerwing's recipe of 03/13/2004.
- 1 lb italian meatballs (1/2 oz. each)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 ideal acres north onions, peeled, diced
- 2 ideal acres north beaver dam bell peppers
- 2 ideal acres north garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 quart diced tomato, juice included
- 1 quart happy valley tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 3 medium ideal acres north sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped (approx. 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, # 452804
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 lb tenuto's black turtle beans, soaked, drained, rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro (optional) or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, brown meat over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Add onion, garlic, Cajun seasoning, paprika, basil to meat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and sauce,.
- Bring to 4 bubble boil, add beans and sweet potatoes to meat mixture.
- Increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minute or until potatoes are soft. And Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and/or salt to adjust taste. Serve garnished with parsley.