1 hr 30 mins
MadCity Dale's Note:
Considered for Festa Italian, 2013. Oops had to pull out but serious consideration for 2014. Part opf the Sweet Potato Project introduced into Madison this year. Adapted from Boxerwing's recipe of 03/13/2004.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb italian meatballs (1/2 oz. each)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 ideal acres north onions, peeled, diced
- 2 ideal acres north beaver dam bell peppers
- 2 ideal acres north garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 quart diced tomato, juice included
- 1 quart happy valley tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can water
- 3 medium ideal acres north sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped (approx. 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 tablespoon cajun seasoning, # 452804
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 lb tenuto's black turtle beans, soaked, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chopped cilantro (optional) or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- 1In a large pot, brown meat over medium heat until no pink remains.
- 2Add onion, garlic, Cajun seasoning, paprika, basil to meat.
- 3Cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add tomatoes and sauce,.
- 5Bring to 4 bubble boil, add beans and sweet potatoes to meat mixture.
- 6Increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 7Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minute or until potatoes are soft.
- 8Stir occasionally.
- 9Add sugar and/or salt to adjust taste.
- 10Serve garnished with cilantro or parsley.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sweet Potato Chili
Serving Size: 1 (2878 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2123.2
- Calories from Fat 1115
- Total Fat 123.9 g
- Saturated Fat 40.6 g
- Cholesterol 326.8 mg
- Sodium 9434.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.7 g
- Sugars 75.8 g
- Protein 93.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black turtle beans