Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tender sun-dried tomato (available in pouches or tubs in the produce section)
- 10 -12 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus some to drizzle
- 2 cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 crusty kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Put the chicken in a bowl with the grill seasoning, fennel seeds, and half of the garlic.
- Pile the sun-dried tomatoes on top of each other in small stacks, the slice into strips.
- Coarsely chop the thin strips and add to the bowl.
- Stack the basil leaves together, then roll them up into a log; shred the basil by thinly slicing the log.
- Add the basil to the bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bowl; mix the ingredients together, then form 4 patties, ¾ inch thick.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side in the preheated skillet.
- Heat a second skillet over med-high heat and preheat broiler, place the top rack at least 6 inches from the heat.
- To the hot skillet, add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, then the peppers and onions.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper; cook until just tender, about 6-7 minutes.
- Toast the rolls on a broiler pan under the hot broiler.
- Place the remaining garlic and butter in a small dish; microwave for 15 seconds to melt the butter.
- Brush the toasted roll tops with garlic butter; leave the bun bottoms on the broiler pan.
- Place the patties on the bun bottoms, then top with the peppers and onions and sliced Provolone cheese.
- Place the chicken sandwiches until the broiler again for 30 seconds-1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Set the buttered tops in place; serve.