Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A soft slightly sweet version of Italian bread made into two round loaves and flavored with Italian seasoning.
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Egg Wash and Topping
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- dried Italian seasoning
- Place all bread ingredients in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough cycle and check after 5 minutes of mixing.
- If needed, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour.
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a floured surface and divide in half.
- Shape each half into a ball and flatten slightly.
- Place in two greased 9" round cake pans, cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- Beat egg and water and brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool.
This is a soft, light bread yes more white then Italian. Delish! I expected a crisp crust like an Italian but this was still very good. One loaf I topped with Italian seasoning the other sesame seeds.I aim to make french toast with one loaf! This for a great recipe.