1/4 Photos of Italian Sweet and Savory Bread
A soft slightly sweet version of Italian bread made into two round loaves and flavored with Italian seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Egg Wash and Topping
- 1Place all bread ingredients in bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2Select dough cycle and check after 5 minutes of mixing.
- 3If needed, add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour.
- 4When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a floured surface and divide in half.
- 5Shape each half into a ball and flatten slightly.
- 6Place in two greased 9" round cake pans, cover and let rise until doubled (about 1 hour).
- 7Beat egg and water and brush over dough.
- 8Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- 9Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sweet and Savory Bread
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1044.4
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 259.1 mg
- Sodium 1380.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 31.3 g