1/1 Photo of Italian Sun-Dried Tomato, Provolone and Pesto Torte
4 hrs 20 mins
My mother-in-law recently served this at our baby shower. It was a tremendous hit! Delicious flavors meld together to create a rich and creamy indulgence. Serve with toasted baguette, crackers, veggies, or whatever else you please. This looks so pretty on a serving plate - your guests won't want to touch it. But they'll be glad when they do - delish! Note: cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Turn off the heat. Place sun-dried tomatoes in the water, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain, and finely chop.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and garlic.
- 3Line a medium bowl or loaf pan with a large piece of dampened cheese cloth. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese. Spread with 1/2 of the pesto. Pour in 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture. Layer with 1/2 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese, remaining pesto, remaining cream cheese, and remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Top with remaining provolone cheese.
- 4Pull cheese cloth around the layered mixture and gently press into a bowl to mold and remove excess oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Remove cheese cloth and invert onto serving platter.
- 5Garnish as desired with basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon wedges, olive oil, etc.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sun-Dried Tomato, Provolone and Pesto Torte
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: