Recipe by Daniel'sWife
My mother-in-law recently served this at our baby shower. It was a tremendous hit! Delicious flavors meld together to create a rich and creamy indulgence. Serve with toasted baguette, crackers, veggies, or whatever else you please. This looks so pretty on a serving plate - your guests won't want to touch it. But they'll be glad when they do - delish! Note: cooking time is chill time.
Top Review by Margie99
This was good stuff. It was easy but made a pretty presentation. It looked like I had spent hours on it. I used a homemade spinach pesto and made it in a bowl. I think next time I would like to make it in a loaf pan for a bit more consistency. I was also thinking about adding some italian seasoning to the cream cheese. Made this for the Spring 2010 PAC, Yum.
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 9 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces pesto sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Turn off the heat. Place sun-dried tomatoes in the water, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain, and finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese and garlic.
- Line a medium bowl or loaf pan with a large piece of dampened cheese cloth. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese. Spread with 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture. Pour in 1/2 of the pesto. Layer with 1/2 of the sun-dried tomatoes. Layer with 1/3 of the provolone cheese, remaining cream cheese mixture, remaining pesto, and remaining sun-dried tomatoes. Top with remaining provolone cheese.
- Pull cheese cloth around the layered mixture and gently press into a bowl to mold and remove excess oil. Chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Remove cheese cloth and invert onto serving platter.
- Garnish as desired with basil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon wedges, olive oil, etc.