Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These open faceed sandwiches come together really quickly and easily. Try them for a quick brunch, a casual supper, a fun picnic or a filling snack. Adapted from Southern Living magazine(July 1988).
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons milk (dairy, soy, or rice)
- 6 slices rye bread
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel the cucumber if waxed, then slice into 1/4" slices. Combine cucumbers with the cream cheese and Italian dressing mix.
- Spread on rye bread.
- Top with cucumber slices.
- Sprinkle pepper over the top.
We really enjoyed these cucumber sandwiches today as an early lunch. Made as directed using a peeled English cucumber, added a touch of dill and we served it on toasted 12-grain bread. A nice change of pace -- I will definitely make these sandwiches again. Made for PRMR tag, May, 2014.
this was awesome i used it with cookgirls hummas sandwich it was eyes rolled back in the head good try this then try with hummas