Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fast, easy, sub sandwich from Grey Poupon Simply Delicious Recipes. We usually use hoagie buns so everyone can build their own.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing, prepared
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 loaf Italian bread, split lengthwise
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 8 ounces deli ham, sliced
- 4 ounces deli salami, sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, deli sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In small bowl, whisk salad dressing, mustard and oregano until blended.
- Spread dressing mixture over cut sides of bread.
- Place half the lettuce on bottom half of bread; top with layers of ham, salami, pepper strips, cheese, onion and remaining lettuce. Replace bread top; slice and serve.
Great lunch for me today! I skipped the mustard (sorry grey poupon). I used fresh mozzarella cheese and popped this under the broiler for a few minutes to toast it up. Made for the Babes of ZWT4.
the dijon added a nice twist to the sub i too put it under broiler ,it just tastes better that way cakepops on parade italian leg of quest easy peazy
This is a delicious Italian sub sandwich. DH and I really enjoyed it for a filling lunch. I didn't have a jar of roasted red peppers, but I did have a red ripe poblano pepper from the garden that I roasted and peeled. It added a touch of heat which worked beautifully. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.