My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained (I use Italian-style)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb penne pasta
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1Place a large stockpot on the stove and preheat to medium-high heat.
- 2Add olive oil and sausage. Brown and crumble the sausage, drain off excess fat if necessary.
- 3Add the ham and pepperoni. Cook meats together 2 minutes.
- 4Add peppers and onions and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- 5Add diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Add chicken stock and bring soup to a boil.
- 7Stir in pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
- 8Stir arugula into soup just before you serve it up.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sub Soup
Serving Size: 1 (795 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.9
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 2611.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: