Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A touch of fresh tomato, green onions and mushrooms add flavor and color. The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen. 12 fresh clams can be substituted.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 clove shallot, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces canned clams, undrained
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- Melt 4 tbls of the butter in a saucepan.
- Add garlic, shallot, scallions, and mushrooms, cook over medium low heat until shallots are transparent.
- Add Tabasco, tomato and lemon and cook 5 minutes.
- Add clams and wine, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Place the hot drained linguine in a large pasta bowl and toss with the remaining butter.
- Pour clam sauce over the pasta and top with cheese and parsley.
I probably have half a dozen clam sauce recipes that I use regularly, and this will be added pronto to the rest. The sauce has a lovely sweetness from the tomatoes countered very nicely by the dash of lemon. And the mushrooms and green onions add something new and delicious. You're gonna love this! Lorac does it again!