A touch of fresh tomato, green onions and mushrooms add flavor and color. The sauce can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen. 12 fresh clams can be substituted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 clove shallot, chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped mushroom
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces canned clams, undrained
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- 1Melt 4 tbls of the butter in a saucepan.
- 2Add garlic, shallot, scallions, and mushrooms, cook over medium low heat until shallots are transparent.
- 3Add Tabasco, tomato and lemon and cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add clams and wine, bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- 5Place the hot drained linguine in a large pasta bowl and toss with the remaining butter.
- 6Pour clam sauce over the pasta and top with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style White Clam Sauce with Linguine
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 988.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 24.4 g
- Cholesterol 159.3 mg
- Sodium 580.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 47.7 g