1/2 Photos of Italian-Style Tuna Pasta Bake
Maileen '78's Note:
Mouth-watering tuna pasta baked topped with grated cheddar and grated mozzarella! Different from the usual tuna pasta bake which calls for condensed soup. Very easy and very YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (270 g) canned tuna (drain)
- 2 (800 g) cans chopped tomatoes (do not drain)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 4 cups pasta shells (cooked al dente)
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in a fairly large pan (preferably a wok) and add the onion until it softens. About 2-3 minutes. Then add the tuna and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- 2Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, Italian herb seasoning, oregano, garlic granules and salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Simmer for about 15 minutes-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened stirring from time to time.
- 4While the sauce is simmering, heat the oven at 200 degrees or 180 for fan-assisted ovens. And cooked the pasta shells 2 minutes less than the directed time on the packet. It needs to be a little bit tougher as it still needs to be cooked in the oven. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Drain and set aside.
- 5When the sauce has thickened add the chopped fresh basil and the drained pasta shells and stir until thoroughly mix.
- 6Transfer into an oven-proof dish and topped with grated cheddar and mozzarella. Bake for another 20- 25 minutes or until the cheese on top has turned golden brown.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Tuna Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (762 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.8
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 1103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 65.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning