Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great sauce for spaghetti (you may use hamburger in it also if you wish).
Make and share this Italian Style Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place tomatoes in food processor; process on high for 1 minute.
- In Dutch oven on medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil till soft but not browned.
- Add tomatoes, tomato purée and all spices.
- Cook sauce on very low heat for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water if necessary as sauce cooks.
The BEST! I have finally found an easy, delicious Italian Style Tomato Sauce. I didn't have plum tomatoes in the cupboard, so I used Accent Tomatoes we have here in Canada. Thanks for posting!!
This was a nice thick sauce. A little bit more onion than I like. Next time I will use less. I put ground beef into it also. Thanks Darlene Summers. Bullwinkle.