Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great recipe with a little bit of kick! I got it off of another site and my husband loved it! We had a yellow and red pepper left from another meal and used these too. Equally as delicious!
- 2 lbs ground beef, uncooked
- 6 green peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed or 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 6 -8 saltines, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- your favorite spaghetti sauce
- rice (optional for partial replacement of beef)
- Remove the seeds and membranes from Green Peppers and set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients.
- Fill each Pepper being careful to not split sides.
- Make meat balls from remaining mixture.
- In a large dish or roaster place the peppers open side up.
- Surround each with meatballs and cover entire thing with sauce.
- Cook 2-4 hours at 325 degrees.
- Check after 1 1/2 hours to test doneness of meat and peppers.
We both liked this,but decided that it would be even better if a smallamount of spaghetti sauce was added to the meat mixture.