Recipe by Manda
I am posting this recipe as a request for venison recipes. This is the only way that my family will eat deer meat, and it is also very tasty with regular steak. I skip the whole meat thing altogether, but I love the sauce over top of the noodles with lots of cheese (I always add extra, and extra 'shrooms too!)
- 3⁄4 lb beef sirloin, round steak,or venison steak
- Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil, for browning steak
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, , drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash basil
- 1 dash garlic powder (or use 1 or 2 cloves fresh, minced)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- hot, cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak steak in Italian dressing several hours in refrigerator.
- Cut steak in 2 pieces.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
- Pound into steak with meat pounder.
- In skillet, brown steak in oil; drain.
- Top steak with green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and combined tomato sauce, water, and spices.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Top with cheese and continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles.