Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good side dish to serve with pasta or chicken or veal. It is simple to make with a lovely taste.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (pref. fresh grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cover and cook spinach and water for about 10 minutes, until spinach is wilted; drain well.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Stir in spinach and remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring often, until heat through.
This is real good Miss Annie. I have myself posted a few spinach recipes but this tasted different from the usual Indian way of cooking spinach. I reduced the butter a bit. Love easy to cook and great tasting recipes. Give me more !
I thought this was a nice spinach recipe. I actually just followed one of the other reviewers recommendations and melted the butter, added the garlic for a minute, then added fresh spinach til it wilted nicely. Good stuff. Used seasoning salt in place of regular salt which was really nice. I topped my spinach with a stuffed portabello mushroom. Thanks for sharing.
This is so good that I nearly ate the entire dish myself! Only change I made was to use a large covered 5 quart saute pan in which I sauteed the garlic, then added two packages of fresh spinach with no additional water. I love to save a pot LOL! Stirred a few times until wilted, then added remaining ingredients. The addition of pine nuts and hint of nutmeg is delicious. Thanks, Miss Annie, for a recipe I'll use often!