Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a good side dish to serve with pasta or chicken or veal. It is simple to make with a lovely taste.
Top Review by Mini Ravindran
This is real good Miss Annie. I have myself posted a few spinach recipes but this tasted different from the usual Indian way of cooking spinach. I reduced the butter a bit. Love easy to cook and great tasting recipes. Give me more !
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (pref. fresh grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover and cook spinach and water for about 10 minutes, until spinach is wilted; drain well.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute garlic in butter.
- Stir in spinach and remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring often, until heat through.