Recipe by Fluffy
This quick and easy stir fry is a colourful addition to grilled or roast meats. You can add extra garlic and basil at the end of cooking time.
Top Review by sharry
Love it! This has become a family favorite that is requested when the zucchini start popping. A can of Italian tomatoes works great whenever the fresh ones aren't quite ready. I also add a bit of crushed red pepper and serve it over spaghetti noodles. Yummy! Even the kids like it!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock or 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices.
- In large skillet over medium hi cook zucchini and onion in oil for 2 to 3 minutes stirring until just beginning to brown.
- Add stock; Reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until evaporated and zucchini is tender crisp.
- In medium bowl combine tomatoes basil garlic and pepper; stir in zucchini and heat for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with cheese.