1/1 Photo of Italian Style Shrimp and Artichoke Antipasto by Sy
This tasty marinated antipasto recipe was created for a Thanksgiving holiday party. It was initially based on a recipe called "San Benedetto Style Shrimp and Artichoke Hearts". Then I surfed the internet and found other marinaded recipes which interested me. So I combined ingredients and added some of my favorites as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh medium-large shrimp, clean (remove shells and veins)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 (6 ounce) jars marinaded artichoke hearts (retain the marinade, chop up into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup pitted pimiento stuffed manzanilla olives (chop up into small pieces)
- 4 1/2 ounces white button mushrooms (drained, left whole)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil (chop up into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley (chopped fine)
- 1 lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 16 caper berries (leave stems on)
- 1 lemon (cut up into wedges)
- 1Bring about 2-3 cups of water to a boil in a pot, add vinegar and cleaned shrimp, cook for about 1-2 minutes, until they are pink. Make sure the shrimp are not over cooked, drain and let cool. (If using large shrimp cut in half).
- 2Add chopped up artichoke hearts, marinade and shrimp in large bowl.
- 3Add chopped up olives, mushrooms, dry tomatoes oregano, pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons parsley into bowl and toss.
- 4Add 2 plus tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice and toss.
- 5Transfer food from the large bowl into a nice serving dish.
- 6Add caper berries all around and on top of shrimp, artichoke mixture.
- 7Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Italian parsley on top of dish as well.
- 8Place lemon wedges around and on inside edge of the dish for a decorative effect.
- 9Let stand for a while at room temperature to blend flavors and serve.
- 11NOTE- You might want to add less reserved maranide to taste, since the marinade dominates the taste of this dish. As an alternative you can substitute two 13.75 oz cans (non- marinaded) artichoke hearts and then add more spices to taste. Using large shrimp is best, since it is one of the main ingredients. Finally, use lemon wedges and squeeze on individual portions.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Shrimp and Artichoke Antipasto by Sy
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.2 mg
- Sodium 652.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: