Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make your own version of the all-time favorite Italian sausage by mixing and combining the ingredients. Feel free to add or take away any of the herbs and spices that will make this sausage your very own! Personally, I like this style better than the link style, because I generally take the sausage out of the links anyway, depending upon the recipe. If hot and spicy is not for you, by all means, be careful with the red pepper flakes. To freeze, I make the sausage into patties, which are easier than a large portion, and they'll defrost much faster.
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 lbs ground pork
- In a small bowl, combine the black pepper, parsley, Italian-style seasoning, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, fennel,paprika, minced onion flakes and salt; mix well.
- Place pork in a separate large bowl and add the spice mix to it. Mix this thoroughly with your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the seasoned pork for 10 minutes, or until well browned and crumbly.