Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living --- serve over Pan Seared Trout (see my recipe) or chicken breasts.
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers, draned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Stir together first 10 ingredients; and if desired, feta cheese, in a medium bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Really enjoyed this salsa with the trout for supper and on scrambled eggs the next morning.