Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Another potato recipe from my vast collection. Supposed to be a side dish but I have used it as a main dish before.
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Saute/stir onion and garlic until crisp tender.
- Add in chopped undrained tomatoes and the next 4 ingredients; stir to combine; set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/8-inch slices.
- Add 1/3 tomato mixture to a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray; spread out tomato mixture evenly.
- Top with half the potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt and half the Swiss cheese.
- Spoon half the remaining sauce over the cheese, then remaining potatoes, salt, and cheese and end with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 375° oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake an additional 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.