Recipe by Chefiebig
This is an easy, tasty, family pleaser.
Top Review by jerry-64
Normally I cook a pot roast in a crock pot, but this receipe was better than in a crock pot. I am a guy and this was way too easy to make. This was very tasty and so tender that I have decided to make this a favorite to make in the future.
- 3 lbs roast beef (any cut)
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions in bottom of a roasting pan.
- Place roast on top of bed of onions.
- Season well with pepper.
- Top with tomato sauce.
- Add water and wine to roasting pan.
- Cover pan and roast@300 for 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Excellent served with pasta and a salad.