Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy, quick and delicious. These spicy and tender cutlets are good enough for company. Serve with crusty bread, a leafy salad and buttered pasta with a bit of the sauce on top.
- 4 boneless pork chops, pounded to ¼ inch
- 4 -6 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 large very ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or more)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil (optional)
- Salt and pepper pork and sauté quickly in 3 TB olive oil in hot pan for about 1 min per side…they will not be brown.
- Remove pork from pan.
- To same pan add garlic and pepper flakes adding a little more oil if needed.
- When garlic is golden add wine, chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Simmer until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens…add more broth if needed.
- Add more oil if needed to create silky, slightly thickened sauce.
- Add parsley and serve at once.
- (Add basil and olives if using.) Whole process should take 5 minutes.
This is nice! I did scale the recipe, cooking only two cutlets. I may have had a little more sauce because I used two smallish tomatoes. I also returned the pork to the pan to cook a little in the sauce before adding the basil, parsley and olives. And I definitely would not treat them as optional. This is very fresh-tasting, I quite liked the thinner sauce. Takes all kinds, I guess.
This is a good quick meal. But the sauce didn't thicken up as well as I had liked