Recipe by weekend cooker
A recipe that I got out of a cook book but made some changes. A great meal for the whole family
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made only 2 small & insignificant changes when preparing this ~ I used red bell peppers instead of the green, & I substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P! What a great way to serve up pork chops! This recipe is certainly a keeper ~ Thanks for sharing it! [TEagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 6 pork chops, bone-in (3/4 inch)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with a little salt and pepper.
- Brown chops on both sides in oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Remove chops from skillet; drain and set aside.
- Cut the top off of 1 bell pepper; remove the seeds.
- Cut six 1/4 -inch thick rings from the other bell pepper; set aside.
- Seed and chop remaining bell pepper.
- Combine chopped green pepper, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, water, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread rice evenly in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Slowly pour tomato mixture over rice.
- Arrange pork chops over the rice mixture.
- Top each pork chop with a pepper ring.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until rice is tender.