1/1 Photo of Italian Style Pork Chops
1 hr 20 mins
weekend cooker's Note:
A recipe that I got out of a cook book but made some changes. A great meal for the whole family
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops, bone-in (3/4 inch)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1Sprinkle pork chops with a little salt and pepper.
- 2Brown chops on both sides in oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 3Remove chops from skillet; drain and set aside.
- 4Cut the top off of 1 bell pepper; remove the seeds.
- 5Cut six 1/4 -inch thick rings from the other bell pepper; set aside.
- 6Seed and chop remaining bell pepper.
- 7Combine chopped green pepper, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, water, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
- 8Spread rice evenly in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 9Slowly pour tomato mixture over rice.
- 10Arrange pork chops over the rice mixture.
- 11Top each pork chop with a pepper ring.
- 12Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Style Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.9
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 1596.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 38.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: