Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Came up with this recipe when I was stuck with boring ol' pork chops thawed! I'm sure you know the feeling, LOL! I searched and searched and found 2 recipes on here that sounded good, but combined the 2 with my own personal tastes and ideas. Many thanks to Chef nowasmith for RECIPE#146686 , and Chef The Dancing Cook for RECIPE#26954 for helping me to create this recipe! :) Pure comfort food! :)
- 3 -4 pork chops (see note)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, more if needed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte stewed tomatoes, broken up with the juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules, to taste for saltiness
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up into small pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- Season chops on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry in deep, hot skillet with oil til lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove to a platter. Wipe out excess oil and fat with a paper towel.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir to mix.
- Add chops and top each (covering completely)with most of the sauce, leaving some on the bottom underneath each chop.
- Place on tight-fitting lid, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 1 hour on LOW heat til very tender, stirring sauce ocaisionally so it doesn't burn or stick. (*I didn't need to turn these, but did always make sure they were totally covered with the sauce to keep them moist.).
- Serve over or with mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.
- Note: I made 3 pork chops, and there was plenty of gravy to go with our mashed potatoes. Served them also with green beans, bread and butter and a nice salad! :).
- *If making 4 chops, there might not be enough gravy to top mashed potatoes or noodles, etc., so plan ahead and either make more sauce or top what you are serving it with, with a little butter.
There are not enough good things I can say about this. I used 2 cans of Mushroom Soup, didn't have mushrooms. I also used garlic oil so left out the minced garlic. I think this would be great for chicken as well and will try that next. Thanks for a great tasting, EASY to do dinner. MaryAnne
Quick ,easy and tasty dinner! My entire family enjoyed this tonight - even my 4 year old! Thank you for a terrific way to serve pork chops! I used bonless chops, made 4 and doubled the sauce as we like gravy (made plenty of left-over sauce). Served with rice. **Made for ZWT4**
My dh loved these tender porkchops. It made a nice, flavourful gravy to serve with our mashed potatoes. Quick and easy to throw together. Thanks for sharing.