Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
After trying MEP's recipe for pork tenderloin, I came up with this. I want to thank MEP for her inspiration for this recipe. Thank You, MEP :)
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄3 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 4 sandwich buns, your choice
- Pound pork chops until 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- In a small bowl beat together eggs, water, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In a medium bowl combine all other ingredients, except mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and canola oil.
- Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Then coat both sides of pork in cracker crumb mixture.
- Repeat until chops are coated twice, with egg and cracker crumbs.
- In a medium size skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add pork chops two at a time.
- Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
- To assemble each sandwich--.
- Place a chop on bottom half of each bun.
- Spread 1 Tablespoon of sauce over meat.
- Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Cover with top half.
- Eat and enjoy.