1/1 Photo of Italian-Style Pork Chop Sandwiches
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
After trying MEP's recipe for pork tenderloin, I came up with this. I want to thank MEP for her inspiration for this recipe. Thank You, MEP :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 8 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
- 4 sandwich buns, your choice
- 1Pound pork chops until 1/4 inch thick; set aside.
- 2In a small bowl beat together eggs, water, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- 3In a medium bowl combine all other ingredients, except mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and canola oil.
- 4Dip pork chops in egg mixture, coating both sides.
- 5Then coat both sides of pork in cracker crumb mixture.
- 6Repeat until chops are coated twice, with egg and cracker crumbs.
- 7In a medium size skillet, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- 8Add pork chops two at a time.
- 9Cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
- 10To assemble each sandwich--.
- 11Place a chop on bottom half of each bun.
- 12Spread 1 Tablespoon of sauce over meat.
- 13Sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons of mozzarella.
- 14Cover with top half.
- 15Eat and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Pork Chop Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 783.7
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 226.5 mg
- Sodium 861.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 57.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: