Recipe by Susie T
I really love how cheeses are mixed up and put into a delicious recipe like this one. Very nice with just a salad.
- 2 red capsicums
- 250 g ricotta cheese, mashed
- 350 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 (375 g) packet phyllo pastry
- 100 g melted butter, mixed with
- 100 g olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice capsicum into four pieces removing seeds and membrane.
- Place skin-side up into the grill until skin is charred and blackened.
- Place into a plastic bag and leave it to cool for about ten minutes.
- Take out of bag and remove skin by peeling it off with your fingers, scraping away any that is left on.
- Chop capsicum finely and set aside.
- Mix in the ricotta, feta, parmesan, eggs, nutmeg, pepper, garlic, parsley and capers to form a stiff mixture and set that aside too.
- Preheat your oven to about 190°C.
- Grease a shallow baking tray.
- Cut all phyllo sheets in half cross-ways and layer 1/4 of the phyllo and 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the phyllo and sprinkle with a third of the capsicum.
- Press down gently.
- Repeat layering as above and top the final layer with the remaining phyllo.
- Brush with melted butter and olive oil mixture and sprinkle with some poppy seeds if liked.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.